Location: Embankment, London
Department: Food and Beverage
Reporting to: Food & Beverage Manager
Salary: £32,000 To £33,000 depending on experience
My client are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to join a prestigious private members club located in the heart of Embankment, London. As the Assistant F&B Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring the seamless operation of all Food and Beverage outlets within the club. You will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of service, delivering exceptional customer experiences, and leading a dedicated team.
- Collaborate with the Food & Beverage Manager to foster a culture of teamwork and synergy across all F&B areas.
- Deliver outstanding, professional, and timely service in all food and beverage outlets, creating a welcoming and homely atmosphere for esteemed members and guests.
- Monitor and evaluate customer feedback using internal systems and implement necessary improvements based on the results.
- Interact with members and guests in a friendly and professional manner, addressing any complaints diligently and escalating issues when necessary.
- Display a profound passion for British food and possess comprehensive product knowledge to share with the team regularly.
- Suggest innovative ideas within the food and drink guidelines to enhance the dining experience.
- Focus on maximizing average spends per head and upselling opportunities to drive sales.
- Handle cash takings and float in all F&B areas during shifts and in the absence of the F&B Manager, ensuring adherence to cash management systems and reporting discrepancies promptly.
- Assist in controlling and managing F&B department stock, conducting monthly stock takes and addressing discrepancies promptly.
- Maintain up-to-date records on Symphony, Opera, and Stratum systems.
- Support the implementation of new procedures and systems as required.
- Ensure compliance with all club policies, government legislation, health, safety, and fire training requirements.
- Plan labor resources effectively to meet service trends while adhering to the allocated payroll budget.
- Train and develop staff in conjunction with the F&B Manager and ensure proper induction for all new team members.
- Uphold high standards of conduct, hygiene, appearance, and uniform compliance for all F&B personnel.
- Foster a positive and motivated team environment that promotes commitment and excellent performance.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with food hygiene, health, safety, and fire regulations.
- Report and promptly address maintenance and housekeeping issues.
- Take an active role in club management and contribute to the future development of club operations.
- Attend meetings and work in other areas of the department when required.
- Fulfill Duty Management shifts as needed.
- Complete any reasonable tasks requested by the F&B Manager and/or General Manager to ensure smooth club operations.
- Proven experience in the restaurant industry.
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Passion for delivering high-quality service and memorable experiences.
- Extensive knowledge of British cuisine and beverages.
- Ability to handle complaints and resolve issues professionally.
- Familiarity with food hygiene and health & safety regulations.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
If this role sounds of interest to you please don’t hesitate to send your CV as soon as possible