The delivery of an excellent guest experience to Benchers, Members, Guests, and visitors to Gray’s Inn under the guidance of The Hall Butler
- Operational supports the Hall Butler, with daily lunch service and Inn Benchers and Members events and functions.
- Be visible and at the face of Inn at times.
- Deliver members, customers and visitors always receive first class service and promptly.
- Actively supporting and works with the Events Manager to deliver events.
- Oversees and delivers small events with small team.
- Deputises for The Hall Butler in their absence.
- To set rooms for both Inn and commercial events.
- To assist with the service and movement of Inns wines.
- Oversees the delivery of all aspects of the customer transaction.
- Responsibility for declaring Daily Takings.
- Assists with the maintenance and cleaning of Inn’s Silver.
- Personal presentation of the team – adherence to dress code. Management of allocation, and receipt of, uniforms
- Effectively communicates feedback to the Hall Butler from members and customers.
- Undertake all training required by leadership.
- Contribution to the successful delivery to the Inns mission
20 days holidays plus bank holidays, predominantly a Monday to Friday position though some weekend usually 1 a month when the Inn is open.
The Inn runs to an Academic year so is open 43 weeks a year – Closes over Christmas, Easter, and August. Lieu time worked is given back over this period.
Late night working does feature we run dinners 3 times a term.
The candidate work under an Enhanced DBS check.
Some eventing experience would be good, though will be mentored by The Hall Butler.