Back to all jobsEmail SMS Linkedin
Looking for an experienced Executive Chef with B&I background in Hospitality and fine dining.
You must have a real passion for food and be interested in all “foodie” trends and facts.
Their drive and belief in people, means that they always strive to supercharge their team’s careers. ‘Better’ is a daily habit that sits deep within their DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with them.
- Manage the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen that operates across multiple outlets, ensuring the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- Organise the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchens including supervising the recruitment and selection process
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Continuously update your industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients.
- Control and achieve agreed financial targets whilst maximising all commercial opportunities, communicating this with the team as and when needed.
- Ensure that the location meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures.
- Display a real passion for food
- Good secondary education
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong Supervisory experience
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- Food’s provenance is critical to you and the closer to your kitchen, the better
- You understand that being a great chef is not just about cooking but the ability to work with a team, and build relationships
- You will have proven experience within a demanding kitchen at the relevant level
- Have an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or above
- Team player
- ·Ability to negotiate and build relationships with suppliers