Looking for a Senior Sous Chef or Head Chef ready to take on a beautiful site in Westminster?
This is mainly Monday to Friday operation with some evenings and Saturdays if required for events.
- To create and serve imaginative food which is designed to exceed expectations.
- Use fresh ingredients and cook a little and often during service.
- To serve food, wherever possible plated, served in its own one-portion dish/bowl, with the use of simple garnishes that are effective and relevant.
- To be imaginative and innovative, ideas and innovations are adapted to suit customer needs.
- To manage the detail of front of house presentation.
- Implementation of promotions and special days to enhance offerings.
- To adopt good food cost management techniques.
- To lead and motivate the catering team, to instil a ’nothing is too much trouble approach.
- All staff are to be trained so that multi-tasking can be achieved to ensure the smooth running of the Unit to allow for a self-covering unit where possible and for staff to experience other roles.
- To constantly motivate staff, encouraging them to bring new ideas and look at new ways of completing tasks.
- Timely managing of staff to ensure that tasks are completed in the allotted time to ensure the efficient running of the unit.
- If any changes or substitutions to ingredients are made to the dishes prepared please ensure that the Manager and all staff concerned are informed and menus must be amended to incorporate these changes
Administration and policy
- To ensure company Health, Safety and hygiene policies and practices are maintained.
- To complete accurately and timely all reports relating to the handling and storage of food using Company monitoring systems.
- To complete weekly stock takes and generate accurate weekly and monthly reconciliation reports.
- To complete all administration and company accounting systems.
- To recruit, train and develop the staff under your control.
- To identify training and development needs through the review and appraisal systems.
- To prepare and undertake a training programme for your staff.
- To be willing to undertake any training to enhance the role as necessary.
- To complete staff meetings on a regular and timely basis, record minutes of meetings.
- Achieve and exceed agreed budgets.
- To carry out customer satisfaction programmes.
- To ensure all hygiene and cleaning procedures are adhered to.
- Wear and use all Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- To be responsible for ensuring staff wear and use any PPE provided.
- Always wear the full correct Company uniform in a clean and tidy fashion.
- To undertake special projects as outlined by the Area Manager.
- To develop good client relations and attend meetings if appropriate.
The overall function of this position involves the administering of all areas within the
Catering Department to the highest standards possible in terms of the following criteria:
- Menu Planning;
- Menu Presentation;
- Food Preparation;
- Ensuring the predominant use of Fresh Products;
- Restaurant Merchandising;
- Hygiene, Health and Safety;
- Customer Relations;
- Control and Security
- Food Preparation;
- Any other reasonable and appropriate duties that the client or company requests.