An inspirational Reception & Events Manager is needed to join a team for an upcoming Soho opening in the New Year.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will lead a team of receptionists as well as organising and planning the logistics of all our events and private hires.
The position is available immediately in preparation for the new opening.
The site is a modern, new world restaurant bringing adventurous Mediterranean eating habits to London. The service style is fun and engaging but precise, knowledgeable and informative.
The new flagship will be the older naughty sister of the original restaurant.
The Reception & Events Manager will work closely with the senior management team, and it is a largely daytime role. It requires focus, a ton of charisma with impeccable organisation.
Reception / Reservations
- That you lead your host team to be knowledgeable, organised, sincere, warm and entertaining.
- That you seek to create and maintain relationships with our guests. It is your duty to constantly research who is coming to our restaurant and make people feel special.
- Sevenrooms & Open Table reservations set up
- You are prepared with the seating plan according to Sevenrooms liaising with the manager and waiter to set up the restaurant accordingly
- Keep menus up to date (online & printed)
- Keep reservations bible up to date
- Manage Guest satisfaction records on all our platforms – Feedback comms (Sevenrooms / Google / Open Table / Direct (emails)
- Sevenrooms client records – Keep profile info up to date / upgrades / auto-tags / offers
- Email & phone communication for all upcoming enquiries
- Orders – paper / stationery etc.
Events & Private Hire
- Answer all incoming event and large group enquiries, aiming to convert them to a confirmed booking that will increase sales for the venue (email & calls)
- Work closely with the GM to ensure every opportunity is taken to secure bookings that will maximise capacity and revenue
- Host venue show arounds for prospective bookers
- Manage the operational and logistical planning of all events and large bookings from original enquiry through to following up for client feedback upon completion of their event
- Carry out all communication with guests via telephone, email and face to face
- Organise meetings with the management team where required to discuss event details
- Regular communication with kitchen and front of house teams to keep them updated regarding pre-orders and operational requirements/expectations for each event
- Meet weekly with venue management to brief them on upcoming events and review previous week’s bookings
- Organise menu tastings and run through meetings with clients
- Brief team for any events for the day & set up when needed
- Prepare functions sheets ready 7 days before the event
- Design & print menus for events
- Organise any additional set ups, equipment DJs, a/v, entertainment for events
- Build long term relationships with clients to secure repeat business
- Manage listings on third party sites – events spaces for hire
- Organise event spaces showcase events
- Managing deposits & invoicing for all events
- Keep event sheets up to date with accurate information’s
- Support the Marketing Manager with local marketing and promotion of larger events through digital marketing channels (Social media, email, website, etc)
The successful Reception & Events Manager candidate:
- Have at least 2 years as a Reception and Events Manager
- Be an excellent communicator
- Love to organise and plan
- Sevenrooms experience a plus
- Be able to respond well under pressure
- Has an eye for details overseeing your own work and the work others, always eager to help with a positive problem-solving approach
- Has a passion for beverage, food and hospitality, along with the eagerness to continually learn.
- Be an inspiring and positive leader helping others to do the right thing and achieve results
- Be flexible to work evenings and weekend as required
What we can offer you:
- Fortnightly payroll
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to progress & learn new skills within a growing, critically acclaimed restaurant
- A supportive, respectful, people-focused culture
- 28 days’ holiday per year
- Discounted gym membership
- Staff discounts on food and beverage
- Staff meals
- Awesome staff parties